3.27.2010

Drive

My last week has been both uneventful and eventful at the same time. I haven't been riding much as it is a rest week. I have however been able to work more and even got an adventure last night.


It started mid day as I was finishing up my rounds and already feeling the effects of the 894NB bridge being closed. (For those who don't know I deliver masonry products for County Materials Corp). I got a phone call,"hey, do you have plans for this afternoon....". Uh yeah, I always have plans. I did however let dispatch know I was interested. He explained when I was done with my regular rounds that I was to head up to Appleton and get a load that had to be delivered to the National Guard base. Ok, I said.



So on my way up I called Lynn and let her know I would be working late. Getting it done and in the process feeling rewarded. Once I got to the airport I was greeted by an armed guard. He let me through and I was in. As the sun set there was a picturesque view of the airport as the planes took off and landed. Also there were about 6 big military jets parked in their "lot". Very cool!
By now the sun was touching down and I was headed out. A nice drive through the city in the dark helped me wind down from the day. Got home a little after 8pm and felt satisfied with my day. No ride and yet I felt like I accomplished something.
Until next time.

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment