6.08.2009

Recap

Ok, so by now you all know how bad I suck at blogging. No need to dig any further as I will finally fill in some blanks.
Without the help of Lynn, and now her Parents Terry and David I would be like a lost little puppy dog trying to find home. Honestly things have seemed to be a little over whelming. Its not like I am the only person in the world who is trying to be successful and at the same time trying to juggle life. Oh yeah. Iknow what it is. Sometimes I just think tooooooooooo Much! So moving forward.
Things have been going otherwise ok. My race season is getting started, summer is getting closer (not sure what ma nature is up too) and every day I wake up is another day to do what I do with people that I love.

Now for the race recap:

Crystal Lake Classic

For starters I went bust on my gear ratio. For me 34.16 is pretty damn hefty but I was hell bent. There were so many flats and the hills were short. My plan was to make my ground on the open track and it might have just worked if it wasn't for a few mishaps. An early crash shook me up while trashing my rear wheel and knocking loose my crank arm(?). I was quick to get up and once I made sure no one was seriosly hurt, and my bike would still go I was off. Passing masses of people I think I made my way back up to 20th or so until I noticed my crank arm comming off. I rode it out as long as I could but ended up DNF and with a one legged peddle back to the first aid tent to get my wounds adressed my day was done. I would have to say It seemed like it would've been a fun race.:) I did however still have a good weekend thanks to Lynn, Terry and David. These three have really been doin alot of work to keep me rolling.

Big Ring Classic

Another weekend of open trail, great singletrack, and good people. I can say that after only three races I am getting the hang of this racing style more and more while learning something new everytime Don Yells GOOOO!!!! Tacticly probobly not my best race ever but I'm new and still learning. I had a good start and positioned myself well with a group of five with all of us gunning for 8th. I did way too much work early, and with a singlspeed on that coarse this is not what you would want to be saying. After I settled in things were going well but I wasn't sure how long I would be able to hold the open trail accelerations for. Its hard work with one gear and I would string myself out pretty good but each time my recovery seemed to get weaker. I held on until the first hill climb on the last lap and then I popped bad. With the white lights flashing in my eyes I would grind through the next couple of hills, hit up some gu and take in some fluids. The hurt was on as I made my way through the last lap with my head down. I made it and some how held of Joe Curtes and the rest of the guys that were chasin him down. What a race!

To sum things up.

  • I have the Best Girl Friend in the world!
  • Ridding with my big Bro is still great.
  • With out all of the help I get I wouldn't be very good.
  • Learning, Learning, Learning isn't life great!

Thanks to every one who helps me with everything from a simple cheer to alot of TLC. I would put names down but there would be so many I would run out of space.

Pics to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment