7.21.2009

Credit

So I think it is about time to give credit where credit is do.

Anyone who races knows how much work it is. The weekends blend into the weeks and free time is given up. I have always had a super supporter on my side and don't even know what it is like to be on my own when it comes to a race pit crew. My girlfriend Lynn is hands down the best sideline coach/water bottle hander offer. She always keeps me filled, focused, and headed in the right direction. I try to show her how much I appreciate it but flowers, cards, and hugs can only show so much. So, I thought it was time to give her props here for everyone to see.

Lynn is always there cheering and telling me good job as she hands me a bottle. Last weekend however I was touched deeply by the reaction she gave me on my 4th lap. The look on her face and the tone of her voice was something I have never heard from anyone my whole life. She was so proud of me as I moved into the 5th position as this is something both her and I thought we wouldn't see. At least not this year. Things haven't been going so good for her as far as success goes but I always tell her that my success is hers. I truly mean this and would gladly put her up on a podium if only in my mind.

I am truly blessed to have such a great girlfriend and look forward to continuing my journey with Lynn by my side.

Also I would like to thank my sister Jamie for cheering me on this weekend and my big bro Craig for all of the tech advice and moral support he gives. They are both big supporters of team LDB.

Thanks to Team Adventure 212 for all their support, and all of the people who make the Wors events great. I am always meeting new people and I get to race with a great group as well.
Until next time

DB

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn right!!!! keep on rockin!!! And I will take that surly off your hands, well if you want.

    ReplyDelete