7.21.2009

Sunburst.

Last weekend I finnished Wors #6 Sunburst Showdown and have to say I had a good time. The coarse isn't the most desirable for a single speed but I made the best of it. It was very exciting to be up there with the leaders on the way out and be able to hang close throughout the whole race. Matter lead it out slow so being on a single I was very greatful. Once we hit the climb things started to sort out and I was in position, probobly about 6th wheel or so. I did my thing on the hills but struggled on the flats and the down hills when the gears would put the hammer down. That hammer I am referring to is a one Mike Phillips. I would definantly say he is back online. The challange was to claw my way back to a wheel every lap which I did for 4 of the 5 laps. Again every time the flats would string me out so the hills would get harder, (Simple gears would probobly help me out with this). So on the last lap I let too big of a gap open up and instead of trying to close it, I let it go.

I was on my own for the last lap and knew I had time on my side to lighten up the tempo and try to save my legs. Those said legs have been continiously sore for the past two races and I am trying to make that go away. All and all I was 5th on the day and am super stoked about this as I have already exceeded the goals that I have set for myself on the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment