10.22.2009

Oh what a night

I don't have any pics to share but I do have a story.

Lately at work we have been super busy not leaving me much time to get my rides in. I have been managing with trainer rides and riding the parkway across the street from my house but decided to do something different last night.

With my first Ice Man coming up and me racing in the Pro Field I don't want to start slacking just yet. By this time last year I was already turning into a blob and was barely riding over an hour. Not this year, motivation is flowing through me.

Unable to make the Wednesday night Ronsta ride almost had me beat, but I was determined to get some good quality riding in. So I strapped on lights and headed out the door. Not sure totally what I was going to do I headed west to a familiar hill for some repeats. As the sun set over the beautiful land of Waukesha county I was treated to a spectacular view every time I would crest the hill. It made it worth going back up every time.

By now it was almost dark and I was only an hour into my ride. Luckily there is this little gravel path called the bugline that goes all the way out to Merton. Destination established. I didn't care how long it took me I was going there. As I head down the trail my light shows me this almost picturesque tunnel which gave me an undefined end to my ride. I got into a rhythm and all I could think about was how great things were. The temp was perfect, I was riding, and things were just right. This time alone was just what I needed. It helped me reflect on the past, think about the future, and get ready for what is right ahead of me.

Oh what a night

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment