10.06.2009

Oh Yeah!

The title could pretty much sum up the past weekend. For kicks and grins I will go into details.

It started out with a nice trip to the north woods to attend the newly organized Wors #11. I wasn't expecting much from the trails as the race seemed to be thrown together. Much to my surprise the course was rippin awesome with the exception of a few large puddles. After an hour of preride and trash talk amongst Chris p. and I we were ready for some supper and some rest.

The next day it was rise and shine and getting stuff ready. For some reason I was actually on ahead of schedule. Nice! Lynn and I hit the Continental and then she did her homework while I finished getting ready. After that I headed over to catch some breakfast with the 212crew. Then off to the course.

No nerves, no worries, for some reason I was totally relaxed and ready. We warmed up as a team and every person we went past seemed to be jealous of our "212 train". We were thrilled to be in company with each other and we looked good doing it too.

To the start line for call ups and then off we went. I had a good start and was up there with the boys. Hitting the climb at full velocity was good and by the time we got to the top I was sitting 3rd wheel. I felt good and was happy with my position so I just sat in and waited. Much to my surprise Mike was in charge and drilling it at the front. Now, I am not surprised at his fitness but more so that he hadn't prerode the day before and was able to tear it up. That man is an animal!!!!

I sat on Cole the whole first lap not knowing he was messing with me the whole time. He would pop off Mike and then pull back making me work harder, I guess he could see I was on the bubble and wanted to get rid of me. Tristan came up toward the end of the 1st just as I popped off so I waited for him to come up and let him pull me back. 2nd lap was much of the same and I wasn't smart enough to know what was happening so pop I went again.

Damage control time. The rest of the laps would've been so bad except for the fact that I couldn't keep the bike upright. I had already fallen once and now with the coarse changing every minute and I was going down everywhere. I guess it made me look cool in this pic.

Oh well. I had a good finish and spent the weekend with good people. 4th on the day and 1st in my age group.

I definitely need to give a HUGE thanks to all my supporters. My girlfriend Lynn who despite all her homework, work, and side activities has time to help me with my goals. That girl is a doll!!! Also the Peariso's have been super great and have helped me more than I probably deserve. Adventure 212 the all star team hookup for everything involved, Joe Ciesynski my stellar coach, and my big bro Craig who has been giving me the positive reinforcement I need. He is the one that got me started mountain biking and without him I probably wouldn't be here writing this post.

DB

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!, I aways new you we a stud on the bike. What did you say, you were actually a head of shedule? Wierd, that one thing I could not help you with:)

    ReplyDelete