12.17.2009

The Time Has Come

The time has come folks!

I am back at things again and feeling good about it. Mostly cross training stuff and that is how I like it for now. I am still commuting by bicycle and riding once a week but other wise it has been snow sports.

Last weekend I went XC Skiing with Coach and Lowell K.(ISCorp Junior Coach). It was a blast and it felt good to back on the skinny's. Sunday I went across the road to the Harley Woods on a little snow shoe adventure with my little training partner. She sure likes to run!

I must have made her tired because as soon as I put the bag down she hopped in and was ready to go.




Yesterday it was back to the woods to clean up some down branches and trees from the heavy snow a few weeks ago. I am not all of the way done but the main loop is cleared! Which brings me to my next thought..... This winter I have made it a personal goal to keep the Harley woods rideable. I want to keep the snow packed down and the trees and branches cleared. With the dog walkers invading it is like a double edged sword. It is great to have the traffic to help pack things down but people went through when the snow was wet and made huge ruts. Kind of hard to ride on so I'm not sure what I will do there. I still have a little work to do but other wise it is ok. Any way, if you are in the area on your bicycles this winter keep in mind for the most part Harley will be ridable.
After the woods I got on the old Surly and rode my way to Brookfield East where Joe once again made me work my butt off in the weight room. This time he had me doing some different stuff using Kettle Bells. I realized how weak and uncoordinated I am.....That stuff is hard! Soon I am sure I will get the hang of it but I am sure he won't make it any easier.
Thanks for reading!
DB

No comments:

Post a Comment